Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not in Public

Post #157: Dedicated to: Hairspray

I've been listening to a lot of random music lately. Late nights and long hours in the darkroom = lots of alone time with my marvelous iPod. First it was Audrey Assad's album, then a little Rooney, then a LOT of The Rescues, and now I've moved on to Hairspray. I don't know what it is about Hairspray (the movie), but I really like the songs. Maybe it's 'cause Zac Efron sings in them. ;) And James Marsden. Love it, love them.

Today was just a rough day all around. Rough start in the morning, rough spot in the afternoon, probably going to be a rough night. Although right now, what I'm really going to do (instead of sleeping, which is probably the wiser alternative) is paint. Like I said in my previous post, I bought a new watercolor set, and I'm going to drown my sorrows in painting something for A-. My main sorrow being that my laundry is still wet, stained with blue in the creases (how?!?!? I don't know!!! I hate laundry.) and getting stiff and scratchy. Not. Fun. I should have gotten some quarters today so I could just run another load in the dryer...man. I really really really hate laundry fiascos. At least I didn't lose another sock...

Anyway, there have gotta be some silver linings to such an unlikeable day:
- My dad called to talk about financial aid stuff, and he told me that when I texted my mom yesterday just to say hello, she totally freaked out and worried all day about why on earth I texted her first - in the morning, no less, seeing as how I oftentimes don't even respond to the texts she sends me. Haha. Love my parents.
- Didn't have time for lunch but ate two dinners. Yep. That's the way to go. (And by "the way," I mean the path to diabetes, obesity, death before 50, high cholesterol, heart attack, all that good stuff. Yeah. That's pretty much what my diet is like. Sad times.)
- Catching-goldfish-crackers-in-mouth game.
- Painting while watching an episode of something. Probably HIMYM.

Here's to a better tomorrow. (And better luck with laundry - I've just decided I'm going to wash and dry the stiff/streaked with blue clothes again tomorrow. And maybe they'll just magically disappear? Fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment