Monday, April 4, 2011

Fruit...Fruit...Holes?

Post #155: Dedicated to: I Feel it All; Feist

Sometimes I just wonder what I'm doing wrong? Why don't things work out like they do for everyone else? Is it me? Am I destined to be just me for the rest of my life?

But anyway, today's thankfuls:
- I realized during photo class today that I was completely and totally okay with not being the best photographer, or even a good one, because I'm learning and improving (or not. But either way, it's okay). It's something I always struggle with, a mindset I've grown up with - that I have to be the best in everything, nothing less. And I'm so relieved that I'm finally letting it go. Such a relief! I'm not perfect! Yay! I'm hopefully on my way to becoming a better person. And I can be happy for other people who do better than me, as it should be.
- Having someone to eat lunch with, instead of alone in my room. ;)
- Photoshoot with R- after dinner (hopefully the roll turns out okay!) and then sitting in the grass with friends probably being more obnoxiously loud than we should have been, but laughing a lot and relaxing, because it was such a beautiful day.
- Snail mail.
- Making people's days.

I think my soul belongs on a beach. Or a shore...or just anywhere near the water, really. But a quiet shore, not someplace overridden with people. As I was walking back to my room today, a warm breeze (coupled with songs of the summer on my ipod) took me back to August at the Jersey shore, where I sat in a chair close to the ground, listening to the waves gently crashing in, loving the quicksand dissolving between my toes, and slowly falling asleep as a cool but warm breeze cruised by and the sun set. It was the most relaxing I have ever been in my entire life, and I want that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment