Monday, May 9, 2011

To the Mothers

Post #176: Dedicated to: Eet; Regina Spektor

I've only got one final left - a paper due Friday - but I'm freaking out already. I have a topic...ish...but this paper needs to be amazing and I'm not having any sudden realizations or brain sparks. Sad. Maybe in the morning...?

Today's post is really dedicated to all of the wonderful mothers out there in the world, including my own. At mass, a mom came in alone with 4 kids (young kids, mind you. Maybe all under the age of 6?) - 2 boys, a little girl, and then a small baby.

And she was being a super-mom. These kids, being kids, were all over the place and talking really loudly and slamming things and crying. Little girl would peer into her mom's bag and take out books, then peer into the bag of the lady sitting at the end...like I said, all over the place. I think at one point the mom had the baby strapped to her chest, then was carrying her little girl with her right arm on her hip, and had her left arm around one of her boys. Crazy. They left halfway through mass, though, because the little baby started crying and wouldn't stop.

I don' t know how she does it. So amazing. Mothers are amazing. And the patience she had with all of them. How does she not just get overwhelmed? I think being a mom is the hardest, most rewarding job in the world. It's tough work that never ends.

So, moms, thank you. Thank you for making it through this far. Thanks for being amazing, awesome, patient teachers and role-models. Thanks for raising us right.

No comments:

Post a Comment