Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Happiness

Post #178: Dedicated to: August Rush

Every so often, I come upon one of those days. Or rather, one of those nights. When the tensions of my life and the problems of the world crash upon me and all I want to do is crawl up in a ball, cry, and sleep forever. I know I have to get up in the morning and start all over again, but it's hard to feel like it'll get any better, that I'll get happier.

So here are my personalized tips for happiness, things I really am going to strive to follow.

1) Have faith and confidence in myself. I'm smart, and I can do it.
2) Lower my expectations – life is not like it is in the movies. It's high time I realized that.
3) Stop constantly comparing myself to others. I am me, and that's the most important thing.
4) Really, really live in the moment. Think about today, not tomorrow. I spend too much time thinking – worrying, really – about what's going to happen, not what's happening now. I've got to stop losing myself in the future, and start finding myself in the present.

There are my tailored happinesses. Hopefully they help.

No comments:

Post a Comment