Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Standing in the Audience

Post #120: Dedicated to: Jar of Hearts; Christina Perri
I am an awkward concert-goer.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love dancing to top 40s hits. Why "Dynamite" plays, I'll be the first one to throw my hands up in the air.

But when I'm standing in the audience of a concert at a small venue? It's pretty awkward. What am I supposed to do with my arms? Cross them? But then I seem like the lame, stuck-up concert-goer who thinks she's too cool for the music. Hold a beer? No, thanks. And what if the music's not really something you can sing along or dance along to? Bop my head ever so slightly so I look like I'm enjoying myself? Stand there with my hands in the back pockets of my jeans looking, well, awkward? Close my eyes, smile, and pretend to let the music completely take over me like the hipster I can see out of the corner of my eye?

Nah. For the time being, I'm just going to have to live with being an awkward concert-goer.

Don't worry, you can spot me a mile away. I"ll be that girl, the one trying too hard but not trying hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment