Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Week

Post #203: Dedicated to: Little Lion Man; Mumford & Sons
It was a long weekend, long and exhausting but totally and completely worth everything. I'll be honest, I was most definitely surprised at how praise night turned out. After hearing about all the haters and seeing how our kids reacted to the first half, I thought to myself, "Ugh. I just want this to be over. Then I don't have to worry about it ever again, and I can finally be done with it."

But then the second half came and went, and God's good grace taught everyone (including me) a lesson once again. It was beautiful, it really was. Even if only one heart in the entire crowd felt a touch of God's presence, even if it was only one person who laid it all down and surrendered, I consider it a job well done. For just one person – it was all worth it, and more.

I know I worried a lot, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And we will do it again, next year, just the same. Only each time will be better than the last.

It's my last day at work tomorrow. Somehow, this summer just worked. Everything fit in and everything turned out fine – even better than fine. And yet, I wonder if I could have done things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment