Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Goodbyes

Post #204: Dedicated to: The Guardian
I hate leaving, and I hate leaving people behind. I think a lot of it is just for pure selfish reasons. It pains me to think that everyone's lives will go on just the same, even though I'm not there. (I know. Totally selfish and self-centered!) Or more so than that...it hurts to know that I am so easily replaceable.

It's just so easy to fall into a habit of things and not change...so a part of me is slowly growing more and more terrified of going to Copenhagen. Excited, sure, because I'll be traveling and meeting new people, but terrified because...what if it's not all it's cracked up to be? What if I hate it? What if I hate where I live, the people I live with? What if I get so homesick I can't enjoy Denmark? What if I don't fit in? What if I make no friends? What if, what if, what if...??

It would be so much easier to stay in my comfort zone, go to H-ford again in the fall, and continue my usual routines just like I've been doing for the past two years.

But no. It's a test of my strength and courage to face new challenges in a new world. So I'll be going. But I won't be saying good-bye, only "see ya later!"

(And please don't forget about me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment