Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weddings

Post #57: Dedicated to: A Very Potter Musical

There's something about weddings. And wedding photography. And capturing in a photo the indescribable feeling of perfection that is love. True love.

So there's something that draws me to weddings. Down to every single detail - from the save the dates to the flower bouquet to the centerpieces - the world is beautiful.

How wonderful it would be to be a part of making someone's day, of making someone's world. How wonderful it would be to witness such love in action, promises and vows that don't go unnoticed.

I can't tell if this is me loving weddings because they're absolutely amazing and gorgeous, or if this is me loving weddings because I want to fall madly in love and plan my own amazing and gorgeous wedding someday.

But truth be told: I love weddings. And I love photography (although I may not be so great....yet...?) Would it be horrible and absolutely unrealistic and impractical if I considered wedding photography as a future? Or even as a hobby in the future. I feel like I've had bigger dreams - like becoming a published author, so this is just another goal to add to the bucket list.

And yet I hesitate.

1 comment:

  1. I stumble upon your blog and was captured by this post. It's so funny cause yesterday I had the same exact thought. I love weddings as well. knowing the couples finally found their true love is a beautiful thing. I love seeing the couples so happily together and when I see weddings on tv I can't help but tear up. haha
    But to answer your question, I believe that if you wish to consider wedding photography as a future you should go for it. It's about doing what you love in life : )

    ReplyDelete