Monday, July 26, 2010

In My Head

Post #59: Dedicated to: King of Anything, Sara Bareilles

In my head are thoughts and songs. In that order, in reverse, or sometimes mixed up.

When I'm quiet in the car, I'm thinking. When I'm quiet on the beach, I'm replaying a song in my head. When I'm pushing a grocery cart through the aisles, I'm humming under my breath. When I'm in my bed drifting off to sleep, I'm thinking and imagining and planning.

And when I'm thinking, I'm wondering. I'm wondering what the rest of the day will be like, I'm imagining scenarios in my head of what's going to happen. What if's run through my head every single day, and I imagine what I would say...what she would say, what he would say...what I would do, what he would do, how things would end up.

My mind is a never-ending train of thoughts. I never thought I was one with lots of imagination, but it turns out I am.

And so I ask, when the world is quiet...what's running through your mind? Or is it blank?

No comments:

Post a Comment