Friday, July 23, 2010

Reunions

Post #58

As I look through my old junior high school yearbook, I see the faces of some of my used-to-be closest friends.

You know, back when everyone was friends with everyone else, and everyone was just too young and innocent and harmless?

There's always that guy, the one who was really cute (in a babyish kind of way) and sat next to you in class and bugged you to no end, but secretly you liked the attention, because he was part of the very very small "popular" crowd that existed back then.

And fast forward to now, where said boy is not a nice boy. Well, no...I guess he very well could be, not that I'd ever know. But he doesn't do nice things, that's for sure, and he most definitely likes to have fun.

It's weird. Thinking of how all these people used to be. I've always thought that if tomorrow, I ran into some of my old, old friends, things would be the same. They'd act the same, as would I. But I'm realizing that's not the case, because we all change. We all grew up, and we're not the same young kids we used to be. Personalities have developed. Consciences emptied. Interests completely transformed. It's weird.

But then again, I feel like in time for our 10 year or even 15 year high school reunion, things would be back to normal. Maybe because by then, we'd all be mature (hopefully, that is) adults who had stable jobs and lives and didn't spend every day partying or lounging around doing nothing productive. Maybe it's just that now, we're all still teenagers, no matter how old we are, and are still just as immature as ever.

So I'd like to attend my reunions. And see how people have changed (or not changed). And see how many of my old friends remember my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment