Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teenage

Post #15: dedicated to Lady Gaga


I am feeling rebellious.
Like the - I want to dye my hair crazy colors, I want to get my nose pierced, I want a tattoo - kind of rebellious.
I missed a phase in high school, and it's hitting me now.

It's not that I'm trying to "find" myself. I've already...kind of sort of...found myself. I just feel like streaking my hair blue. Getting my cartilage pierced. Tattooing a music note on my shoulder blade. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and I'm finally old enough to get it done myself.

My parents would kill me. Murder me. Or kick me out of the house.

"Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before."

Says Aldo the Apache of Inglourious Basterds.

Too bad I've never been chewed out before. I've been a relatively goody-two-shoed daughter. No drugs, no alcohol, no boys. The least my parents can do buy me some blue hair dye, right?

Wrong.

We will have to see.

2 comments:

  1. I want a tattoo too. I'm just afraid that I will think it's a stupid idea five year from now. We should go together.

    And blue hair is not rebellious, it just encourages people to ask stupid questions like "Is your hair blue?" Be prepared to stifle all feelings to ask back "ARE YOU STUPID?!"

    ReplyDelete