Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lazy Tuesdays

Post #12: Dedicated to Post Grad


How wonderful it would be to be set for the rest of my life - no worries, no nothing. Of course, half the fun is getting there. And Lazy Tuesdays are the best: milling around reading blog after blog, wishing I could afford a decent DSLR camera, heading to the gym only to make a detour for the basketball courts, discussing weekend shopping plans with friends...

But before I get so caught up in planning my future and before I experience multiple meltdowns of the horrors of having to plan my future, I'll bask the now. Okay, fine. The semi-now: the Summer.

Oh, how I long to be home, sleeping in my own bed, in my clean room, showering in my even cleaner bathroom. To have a place for my clothes, be surrounded by books, to watch television on the television - not on the computer. If summer was banana cream pie, my mouth would be salivating. If summer was a Starry Night, my eyes would be tearing up. If summer was Fantasie Impromptu, it'd be the last thing to listen to before going deaf.

I've got such a long to-do list that I'm beginning to wonder if three months is enough time at all.

I want to capture the best of Santa Clarita through my handy (though not so trusty) 35mm film Canon. I hope (fingers crossed!) I can spend my days playing with children during day camp. I want to renovate my room and make it my own personal haven. I want to run in the mornings, run in the nights, swim in between. I want to cook homemade pizza and chicken and chili; I want to bake banana bread and fruit tarts and carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I want to drink Peet's mango tea freddos, eat Qdoba chicken tacos, and grab Red Mango on the go. Make weekly trips to the beach; perfect the art of boogie boarding. I want to go to church and be a counselor for high school summer camp. Most importantly, I want to be with the people I've missed the most. We're picking up right where we left off.

As much as I love it here, I find myself dreaming and daydreaming about being home. Less than 40 days until I board the plane, endure an 8 hour long flight with a stop in between, and find myself in sunny so-cal. 40 days. Jesus suffered 40 days and 40 nights without food or water. I can survive a mere 40 more days.

In the meantime, C, buckle down. Lazy Tuesdays don't last forever. Read carefully. Write thoughtfully. Finish off freshman year and go out with a bang. Success isn't easy but hard work feels good.

40 days.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment