Friday, March 26, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Post #13: Dedicated to Confessions of a Shopaholic



I confess. I am a closet shopaholic.
(Although if I just confessed it...the "closet" part is out the door, right?)

It's a disease. 4 simple letters and my mind goes awry. What? A semi-annual sale? 50% off clearance?

And it's not always about the clothes. Or the shoes...the books, movies, CD's. Sometimes it's simply about having something waiting for me in my mailbox. Sometimes it's, "oh, Jane's birthday is coming up," other times it's "I'm going to need this in the future...so I might as well get it now," but most of the time: "oh, it's so cheap! How can I not buy it now? I'm really just saving money."

I try to be smart about my choices. I do. I'll almost always grab something off the rack, walk around, think about it, then return it back. I'll almost always sleep on it, then realize I don't really need it - I just want it. I try to limit what I buy, how much I spend. My brain is alert for those bright red signs indicating price reductions. Clearance racks. It's the first place I go.

It's that damned fashion. Always changing, always improving. Too many cute new styles to browse through, too many fun, vibrant colors to own.

A disease, I tell you. One with no cure.

Except maybe an empty bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment