Friday, December 2, 2011

Until You Try

Post #223: Dedicated to: Cold December Night; Michael Bublé
I have definitely been neglecting this blog in favor of my study abroad one, and for that I apologize!

I have only 2 weeks and 1 day left in Denmark, and I truly can't believe time has gone by so quickly. I'm beyond excited to go home, yes, but also so so sad to leave. There are so many things I haven't done yet, places I haven't visited, food I haven't eaten, people I haven't hung out with...I'm going to have to cram as much as I can in the next 2 weeks.

Random quote of the day: "You never know what you can do until you try." Don't know who coined it, but when I was in 6th grade the 5th-grade classroom down the hall always yelled this phrase at the top of their lungs each morning. One morning, my teacher Mrs. Bellefeuille (can you believe I still remember how to spell that?? Pronounced Bell-fay, btw) decided to tease the other classroom and we engaged in a full-on yelling battle. From across the hall. They yelled it first, we yelled it louder, and so on and so forth. It was a fun morning, to say the least, and at least the quote became engrained in my head.

I was also reminded of one of the best memories of the summer – *clap clap raise the roof*! This was what we did one week of 826LA ELL camp – whenever a student volunteered to read his/her creative story or what not of the day, we clap, clap, and raised the roof. It was a very creative way to get the kids interested in sharing their stories, and I'd say that they (as well as the staff) had a pretty good time with this clap.

Anyway, enough of the trip down memory lane. It's time to get focused on the load of paper, finals, and fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment