Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Post #222: Dedicated to: Scared; Albert Hammond Jr.

It's officially Thanksgiving and I have officially reverted to homesickness. Hopefully it's temporary. But it's official. I miss home, I miss family, and I miss friends. Or maybe I just miss the feeling of family, friends, warmth, and love.

And I miss pumpkin pie.

Please excuse my pity party. Thanksgiving has no meaning in Danish culture and I don't think anything special is happening at our folk high school. (Plus, no pumpkin pie. Is it obvious how much I miss that? Not as much as Chipotle, though...but that's a story for another day.)

You know how sometimes you can be surrounded by lovely people yet still feel alone? Now is one of those times.

It's Thanksgiving, and I miss home.

1 comment:

  1. hey. you. when we get back. let's steal someone's kitchen and bake a pumpkin pie. kay? :)

    ReplyDelete