Friday, September 3, 2010

Too Much to Think About

Post #64: Dedicated to: Either Way; Guster

I have too much to think about, so maybe when it's here in writing it'll help me sort things out.

First of all,

To minor or to not minor in educational studies? The education class I would have to take this semester does not seem that fun...and it's a lot of work. A LOT of work. Too much work that I'd rather not invest my time in. And it's only going to get worse as the years go by...

Also, I don't even know if I want to teach. Right now, at this exact moment, I'd rather move to New York and work in publishing. But that's just right now...

Secondly,

I am a soprano, apparently. I auditioned for chamber singers tonight and the professor and I realized I have an incredibly clear high range. Like, that of a soprano 1, and not an alto 2. Yep. Oh, how I've been lied to all my life. Anyway...I'm not going to be accepted to chamber because I definitely don't have the classical training so far, but I'm glad I auditioned and learned this about myself. And the professor suggested I take private voice lessons, because had I had more training, I would be a complete shoo-in due to my good sight reading/tonal memory.

So I am considering voice lessons...but they're probably rather expensive, and where will that money come from??? Yeah. And say I did take lessons and auditioned again...I want to go abroad junior year, so the only full year I would be able to commit myself to chamber singers is senior year. All that work for just one year of singing? I don't know...but then again, I'd like to become a better singer in general, and this should help.

That leads me to third:

Money. And jobs. Should I take on another job? If I did, I'd definitely have more income to take private voice lessons and such. But do I have time for it? Especially now that I'm pitch of the Outskirts, with 5 hour a week rehearsals, and I'm already probably going to be working around 10 hours at the admissions office, and if I do take education, then 3 hours of fieldwork a week....plus obscene amounts of reading and writing for each class...

But extra money is always nice. Then I could go shopping. (Ha)

So yeah. Those are my dilemmas. And then there are always the usual boy problems. Boys suck. So if anyone has any, any, any words of advice, please shed them upon me. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused and I'm tired of thinking.

1 comment:

  1. and wow, you want to study abroad all of junior year?? cool lol.

    well, idk. I guess it just makes you decide what's really important, I mean, voice lessons are an investment that you can use for the rest of your life, recreationally or professionally. and I mean you just had a huge revelation so who knows where this could take you? =)

    with everything you mentioned, a second job could be tiring, but something I learned this spring is that if your plans align with God's plans, and even if not, He will provide a way to make His plans happen =)

    and guys suck. no arguments there. =P but, I would say pray about everything <3

    cause yeah, I definitely need to be doing that myself. I'm still figuring everything out too, (like everyone lol..man..the future =/) so I wish I could be more useful..but I hope I helped!

    p.s. thanks for reminding me of Guster! lol I haven't listened to them in a while

    ReplyDelete