Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten Inch Hero

Post #38: Dedicated to: Feeling a Moment; Feeder

Great movie with a great soundtrack.

Am I a laid-back person? Or am I a completely anal-retentive, high-strung female? I don't know what I think about that. I don't know which I would rather be. I also don't know who thinks what: my closest friends vs. people who I've only just met.

I like to think the life of any character in Ten Inch Hero would be a wonderfully perfect life. Live on the beach, work with people who are your second family, fall in love...and lead the most relaxing life imaginable. Be happy. No pressures, no tension, no worries.

I also like to think someday I can be that person. As I grow up, as I mature, dreams change. Goals become different, success a different meaning. Happiness. Simplicity. Love. Isn't that all you need in life?

I don't know. I'm changing. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The real me...who is that? The same girl in high school who was known for being: loud, sarcastic, fiercely independent, moody, violent, smart, aggressive, intimidating, who never smiled, who never failed to make insulting remarks? That's not who I want to be. That's not who I am.

Life's not about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. And I'm creating myself, bit by bit, day by day.

I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment