Saturday, May 22, 2010

Musings

Post #36: Dedicated to Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen

It never gets old, that timeless tale of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. In fact, I appreciate it so much more now than I did the winter break of 10th grade. So much more.

And I also learn to appreciate more my friends. I don't thank you enough. But you deserve it all and more. Some college friends tell me they don't ever talk to their high school friends anymore, and that college friends are all they've got - not that they mind horribly. I was appalled. What, not talk to your old friends?! How is that possible?? In my world, it's not. And as we grow older by the minute, I find myself treasuring friendship - both new and old - more and more. At the end of the day, it's who we're with that matters, not what we've done.

As cheesy as it sounds (although we all know I love to lay on the cheese. Figuratively, not literally. Literally, I hate cheese.) you have helped shape me. You have helped me learn, grow, prosper...and without you, I would not be the same. I love that a small part of me was worried - how would things change now that we all had a year of college under our belts? But silly me, there was absolutely no need to be worried at all. We pick up where we left off, and we learn, grow, and prosper together even more so than ever. The world is a better place when you've got friends by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment