Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Failure

Post #20

I'm sick of trying and trying and trying, only to fail and fall flat on my face.
I know.
Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Never say never.
There are thousands and thousands of inspirational quotes on how if you haven't failed, you haven't learned, you haven't succeeded...

It still hurts.

Application after application after application.

We regret to inform you...

We had a very strong pool of applicants...

We cannot offer you an interview at this time...

Thank you for your interest...

They shoot. They score: the arrow straight into my self-confidence.

I want to give up. I want to wallow in my own self-pity for the rest of eternity, with a gallon of haagen dazs strawberry ice cream and an unlimited supply of the world's best chick flicks.

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up clarabelle. When you get that acceptance it'll be that much better! Something better is going to come along :)

    ReplyDelete