Thursday, May 17, 2012

Getting Ready

Post #252: Dedicated to: Life is Beautiful; the Afters


Oh man. It has been pretty much a full two months since I've posted...to my very many, dedicated fans and readers (ha), I sincerely apologize. I guess part of me really doesn't think my life is all that interesting, so there isn't much for me to blog! That and this semester was crazy. Crazy busy, crazy challenging, a crazy adjustment coming back from Denmark.

I guess I'll finally admit it to myself – I'm a senior now. A senior. That fact, in and of itself, is crazy.

Now I'm home...but somehow it feels different than before. I used to crave being home; I used to need to be home by the time breaks came around – but now, it's not like that. I would have been absolutely fine staying at school for a few more weeks, months, years? I would have loved to spend more time with my friends, doing whatever. Am I growing up?

Well like it or not, I am, because I'm leaving for Ghana in a short 13 days for ten long weeks. Which I'm sure will go by in the blink of an eye – if and when I get there safely, that is. I've been having nightmares lately every time I go to sleep, nightmares about crazy taxi drivers who kidnap lone female tourists from the airport. What if that happens to me?? What if I get pickpocketed again, or worse – mugged? What if my luggage is lost? What if I'm lost?? What if, what if, what if...I'm terrified! Traveling in general stresses me out...and traveling to an absolutely foreign country by myself, where I will without a doubt stick out like a sore thumb, where I am bound to be overwhelmed by taxi drivers the minute I step out of that airport – drivers who will rip me off and make me pay absurd prices...

Confession: I'm scared to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment