Monday, May 28, 2012

Commencement

Post #254: Dedicated to: Space Oddity; David Bowie


Commencing countdown engines on...

This past weekend I was in upstate New York attending my brother's commencement ceremony. Just the simple procession of graduates into the football stadium took an entire hour, split up by school, starting with the Ph.D candidates, law students, school of veterinary medicine students, then the M.A. candidates, then finally the undergraduate candidates by school, like College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Engineering, College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, College of Arts and Sciences... 

After sitting through that, and then trying to find my brother in the massive hordes of black-robed twenty-something-year olds exiting the stadium, I can say with certainty that I am really really really really really really really glad I go to a small college.

No comments:

Post a Comment