Friday, July 29, 2011

Je ne sais pas

Post #198
Sometimes I wish there was someone who knew me better than I know myself. An outside perspective. A second opinion.

For the first time ever, though, I think I finally realized there are other choices in my life than being an English major. I'm not chained to a professional career. I'm not shackled to a life of editing and publishing, something I'm not even sure I want to do. Why can't I study anthropology? Why shouldn't I love what I learn, and love what I do? Now it's just a matter of taking that leap of faith, making that jump, but I don't know if I can. I'm not sure that I'm strong enough, courageous enough to change my life. I'm not ready just yet...

The broski comes home tomorrow night. Here's to...something. I need my brother, and I need to get to know my brother. I need him just as much as he needs me, even if he may not realize it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment