Friday, February 10, 2012

Ucalegon

Post #243: Dedicated to: Hit or Miss; New Found Glory
Tonight, Will Shortz, the editor of the NY Times crossword puzzle, came to H-ford to give a talk. You know who he is – had a cameo on HIMYM, the Robots vs. Wrestlers episode! It's probably mildly sad that that is where I know him from.

In any case, the talk was awesome. He is awesome. I wish my mind worked like his does, with such a knack for words! Towards the end he played word games with the audience, splitting everyone up into 2 teams. I don't know if he came up with the questions and answers (which he probably did), but they were quite clever and ingenious. Ucalegon is also his favorite word – it means a neighbor whose house is on fire (K-, I thought you'd appreciate that one. New word of the day?)

Thus starts the beginning of a hopefully great weekend, even though the Lakers are currently getting their butts kicked by Jeremy Lin.

No comments:

Post a Comment