Thursday, October 27, 2011

Humility

Post #219: Dedicated to: The Greatest Man That Ever Lived; Weezer
We are supposed to be humble servants of the Lord, right?

I personally try my hardest. I try my best to watch what I say, to not brag so much about whatever successes I might have. Am I perfect? Heck no! My talents are only my talents because God bestowed them upon me.

So is it wrong to be annoyed at people who seem unable to be humble? I swear, every word out of their mouths point back at them – I did this, I did that, I traveled there, I experienced that, I won this, I got that... Somehow, some people just manage to propel every conversation back towards what they've done and accomplished in their lives.

And even worse, there are those gals. "Oh I'm so exhausted, I wrote that 10 page paper in one night...but at least I got an A!" "Oh yeah, I hated AP Physics...I can't believe I got a 5 on the AP test!"

I mean, hey – nothing against a little (or a lot of) success in your life. I genuinely applaud those successes and am extremely proud of successful friends. But when everything you say revolves around pointing out those successes...well, there goes your lack of modesty.

Whatever happened to being humble?

No comments:

Post a Comment